Table of Contents
The Character and Attributes of God
1. IN what one word is the character of God expressed?
"He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love." 1 John 4:8.
2. What are some of the attributes of God?
"The Lord is righteous in all His ways, and holy in all His
works." Ps. 145:17.
3. Does Christ possess these same attributes?
"By His knowledge shall My righteous servant [Christ] justify
many." Isa. 53:11. "Neither wilt Thou suffer Thine Holy One to see
corruption." Acts 2:27.
4. When proclaiming His name to Moses, how did the Lord define His character?
"And the Lord descended in the cloud, and stood with him there, and proclaimed
the name of the Lord. And the Lord passed by before him, and proclaimed, The Lord, The
Lord God, merciful and gracious, long-suffering, and abundant in goodness
and truth, keeping mercy for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, and
that will by no means clear the guilty ." Ex. 34:5-7.
5. What is said of the tender compassion of God?
"But Thou, O Lord, art a God full of compassion, and gracious,
long-suffering, and plenteous in mercy and truth." Ps. 86:15.
6. What is said of God's faithfulness in keeping His promises?
"Know therefore that the Lord thy God, He is God, the faithful God, which
keepeth covenant and mercy with them that love Him and keep His commandments to a thousand
generations." Deut. 7:9.
7. What is said of the strength and wisdom of God?
"Behold, God is mighty, and despiseth not any: He is mighty in strength
and wisdom." Job 36:5.
8. What treasures are hid in Christ?
"In whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge." Col.
9. In what language is the justice of God described?
"He is the Rock, His work is perfect; for all His ways are judgment: a
God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is He." Deut. 32:4.
10. In what words is His impartiality proclaimed?
"For the Lord your God is God of gods, and Lord of lords, a great God, a mighty,
and a terrible, which regardeth not persons, nor taketh reward." Deut. 10:17.
"Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no
respecter of persons: but in every nation he that feareth Him, and worketh
righteousness, is accepted with Him." Acts 10:34,35.
11. To how many is the Lord good?
"The Lord is good to all: and His tender mercies are over all His
works." Ps. 145:9.
12. Why did Christ tell us to love our enemies?
"But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to
them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; that
ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for He maketh His sun to rise on
the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust." Matt.
13. How perfect does Christ tell His followers to be?
"Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father
which is in heaven is perfect." Verse 48.
Previous Chapter l Table
Contents l Next Chapter