that ye may be able to stand against the wiles
of the devil." Eph. 6:11.
8. With what kind of forces do we have to contend?
"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities,
against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual
wickedness in high places." Verse 12.
NOTE.-The margin says, "wicked spirits" in "heavenly" places.
9. What are the first essentials of the needed armor?
"Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the
breastplate of righteousness." Verse 14.
10. What is the truth with which one's loins should be girded?
"Sanctify them through Thy truth: Thy word is truth." "I am the
way, the truth." John 17:17; 14:6.
11. What is meant by having the loins girded?
"Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind." 1 Peter 1:13.
12. What is the righteousness of which the breastplate is composed?
"My tongue shall speak of Thy word: for all Thy commandments are
righteousness." Ps. 119:172. "And this is His name whereby lie shall be
called, The Lord Our Righteousness." Jer. 23:6. See Rom. 13:14; 1 Thess. 5:8.
13. With what are the feet to be shod?
"And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace." Eph.
6:15. See also Eph. 2:14; James 3:18.
14. What piece of armor is next mentioned as necessary?
"Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to
quench all the fiery darts of the wicked." Eph. 6:16 See 1 John 5:4; Heb. 11:6.
15. What armor is to be put on as a protection to the head?
"And take the helmet of salvation." Eph. 6:17.
NOTE.-In 1 Thess. 5:8 the helmet is called "the hope of salvation."
The helmet was worn to protect the head. So the hope of salvation will preserve the
courage, and thus aid in protecting the spiritual life of the Christian pilgrim when beset
by the enemy of righteousness.
16. With what sword is the Christian soldier to be armed?