first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt
thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye." Matt. 7:5.
6. How does a hypocrite treat his neighbor?
"An hypocrite with his mouth destroyeth his neighbor." "For as he
thinketh in his heart, so is he: Eat and drink, saith he to thee; but his heart is not
with thee." Prov. 11:9; 23:7.
7. Which of the apostles was once guilty of dissimulation?
"And the other Jews dissembled likewise with him [Peter]; insomuch that Barnabas
also was carried away with their dissimulation." Gal. 2:13.
8. Why did Paul say he opposed Peter in this matter?
"But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he
was to be blamed." Verse 11.
9. What did David say he would not do?
"I have not sat with vain persons, neither will I go in with dissemblers."
10. How pure should be our love?
"Let love be without dissimulation." Rom. 12:9.
11. What will become of the hypocrite's hope?
"So are the paths of all that forget God; and the hypocrite's hope shall
perish." Job 8:13.
12. What is to be the fate of that servant who, while professing to love the Lord,
shows by his actions that he is worldly, and is not looking nor longing for His coming?
"The Lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for Him, and in
an hour that he is not aware of, and shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion
with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth." Matt.
24:50,51. "The sinners in Zion are afraid; fearfulness hath surprised the
hypocrites." Isa. 33:14.
13. What is characteristic of heavenly wisdom?
"The wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to
be entreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without
hypocrisy." James 3:17.