"And the Lord God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there
He put the man whom He had formed." Gen. 2:8.
2. In making this home, what besides man was needed?
"And the Lord God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make
him an help meet [one adapted, or suitable] for him."
3. After creating Adam and Eve, what did God say to them?
"And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and
replenish the earth." Gen. 1:28.
4. To what are the wife and children of the man who fears the Lord likened?
"Happy shalt thou be, and it shall be well with thee. Thy wife shall be as a
fruitful vine by the sides of thine house: thy children like olive-plants round
about thy table." Ps. 128:2,3.
5. What are children declared to be?
"Lo, children are an heritage of the Lord." Ps. 127:3.
"Children's children are the crown of old men; and the glory of children are
their fathers." Prov. 17:6.
6. How should the wife relate herself to her husband?
"Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord. For the
husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church." Eph.
7. And how should husbands regard their wives?
"Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave
Himself for it. . . . So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that
loveth his wife loveth himself. . . . Let every one of you in particular so love his
wife even as himself; and the wife see that she reverence her husband." Verses
8. Against what are husbands cautioned?
"Husbands, love your wives, and be not bitter against them." Col.
9. Why should wives be in subjection to their husbands?
"Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands; that, if any obey
not the word, they also may without the word be won by the conversation [manner of life]
of the wives." 1 Peter 3:1.
10. Why should husbands be considerate of their wives?
"Likewise; ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honor unto
the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that
your prayers be not hindered." Verse 7.
11. Why should children obey their parents?
"Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right." Eph.
12. How should parents bring up their children?
"And, ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring them up in the
nurture and admonition of the Lord." Verse 4.
13. Why should fathers not provoke their children to anger?
"Fathers, provoke not your children to anger, lest they be discouraged."
14. By what means may the mother bind the hearts of the loved ones at home together?
"She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of
kindness." Prov. 31:26.
NOTE.-"We want to get into the hearts of our children if we hold them, and help
them, and bless them, and take them to heaven with us."- Frances Murphy.