"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever
believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16.
2. What is revealed in the gospel?
"For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as
it is written, The just shall live by faith." Rom 1:17.
3. What has Christ brought to light through the gospel?
"Who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light
through the gospel." 2 Tim. 1:10.
4. How closely are righteousness and life thus united?
"In the way of righteousness is life; and in the pathway thereof
there is no death." Prov. 12:28.
5. What does he find who follows after righteousness?
"He that followeth after righteousness and mercy findeth life, righteousness,
and honor." Prov. 21:1.
6. Through what does grace reign unto eternal life?
"That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through
righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord." Rom. 5:21.
7. What is the very life of the Spirit?
"And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life
because of righteousness." Rom. 8:10.
8. What are the commandments of God declared to be?
"All Thy commandments are righteousness." Ps. 119:172.
9. What did Jesus declare God's commandment to be?
"And I know that His commandment is life everlasting." John 12:50.
NOTE.-Life and righteousness are thus shown to be inseparable.
10. What does the prophet Jeremiah declare Christ to be?
"And this is His name whereby He shall be called, THE LORD OUR
RIGHTEOUSNESS." Jer. 23:6.
11. What does Christ declare Himself to be?
"I am the way, the truth, and the life." John 14:6.
12. How is righteousness received?
"For if by one man's offense death reigned by one; much more they which receive
abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one,
Jesus Christ." Rom. 5:17.
13. How is eternal life bestowed?
"For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through
Jesus Christ our Lord." Rom. 6:23.
14. What did Moses set forth as the basis of righteousness?
"And it shall be our righteousness, if we observe to do all these commandments before
the Lord our God, as He hath commanded us." Deut. 6:25.
15. What did Christ indicate as essential to eternal life?
"And He said unto him, Why callest thou Me good? there is none good but one, that
is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments." Matt.
NOTE.-The righteousness of God, which is obtained by faith in Christ, brings with it
the life of God, which is inseparably connected with righteousness; and the life of God,
which is bestowed upon man as a gift through his faith in Christ, is a life of
righteousness,- the righteousness, or right-doing, of Christ.