when we made known unto
you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eye-witnesses of His
majesty." 2 Peter 1:16.
10. When did he say he saw the majesty of Christ, and heard the voice from heaven?
"And this voice which came from heaven we heard, when we were with Him in the
holy mount." Verse 18.
11. How does he emphasize the reliability of prophecy?
"And we have the word of prophecy made more sure." Verse 19, R.V.
"Now more confirmed." Boothroyd's translation.
NOTE.-Every fulfillment of prophecy is a confirmation of the truth- fulness and
reliability of prophecy.
12. What admonition is therefore given?
"Whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a lamp shining in a dark
place, until the day dawn, and the day-star arise in your hearts." Verse 19, last
13. What has ever been the theme of God's prophets?
"Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls. Of
which salvation the prophets have inquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the
grace that should come unto you." 1 Peter 1:9,10.
14. Whose spirit inspired their utterances?
"Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did
signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should
follow." Verse 11.
15. In what prophecy did Christ recognize Daniel as a prophet?
"When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel
the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand)."
16. To what time were the prophecies of Daniel, as a whole, to be sealed?
"But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of
the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased." Dan. 12:4.
17. What assurance was given by the angel that these prophecies would be understood
in the last days?
"And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the
time of the end. Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall
do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall
understand." Verses 9,10.
18. What is the last book of the Bible called?