"I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I
will come again, and receive you unto Myself; that where I am, there you may be
also." John 14:2,3.
2. What part will the angels have in this event?
"And He shall send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall
gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the
other." Matt. 24:31.
3. What takes place at the sounding of the trumpet?
"For the Lord Himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of
the Archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise
first." 1 Thess. 4:16.
4. What will be done with the righteous living?
"Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in
the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord."
5. What change will then take place in both the living and the sleeping saints?
"We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, in a moment, in the
twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be
raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption,
and this mortal must put on immortality." 1 Cor. 15:51-53.
6. When are the saints to be like Jesus?
"But we know that, when He shall appear, we shall be like Him; for we shall
see Him as He is." 1 John 3:2.
7. How many will receive a reward when Christ comes?
"For the Son of man shall come in the glory of His Father with His angels; and then
He shall reward every man according to his works." Matt. 16:27.
8. What does He say He will bring with Him when He comes?
"Behold, I come quickly; and My reward is with Me, to give every man
according as his work shall be." Rev. 22:12.
9. What promise is made to those who look for Him?
"So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for
Him shall He appear the second time without sin unto salvation." Heb. 9:28.
10. When did Christ say the good would he recompensed?
"For thou shall be recompensed at the resurrection of the just." Luke
11. Have the worthies of old gone to their reward?
"And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the
promise: God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should
not be made perfect." Heb. 11:39,40.
12. When did Paul expect to receive his crown?
"Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the
righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them
also that love His appearing." 2 Tim. 4:8.
13. Will this he a time of judgment?
"And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the
Lord cometh with ten thousands of His saints, to execute judgment upon all." Jude
14. How did David express himself on this point?