"These things I have spoken unto you, that in Me ye might have peace. In the world
ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world."
2. What were some of the cheering words He said to them?
"Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in Me. In My
Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to
prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come
again, and receive you unto Myself; that where I am, there ye may be also." John
3. In what spirit should we serve the Lord?
"Serve the Lord with gladness: come before His presence with singing."
4. What is sown for the upright in heart?
"Light is sown for the righteous, and gladness for the upright in
heart." Ps. 97:11.
5. What effect has a merry heart?
"A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the
bones." Prov. 17:22.
NOTE.-From this we may learn the influence which the mind has over the body.
Cheerfulness is conducive to life and health; sorrow, care, anxiety, and worry tend to
disease and death.
6. What effect do helpful, cheerful words have upon the heart?
"Heaviness in the heart of' man maketh it stoop: but a good word maketh it
glad." Prov. 12:25.
7. By what temporal blessings does God fill men's hearts with gladness?
"Nevertheless He left not Himself without witness, in that He did good, and gave us
rain from heaven, and fruitful seasons, filling our hearts with food and gladness."
8. Why and for what may every child, of God rejoice?
"I will greatly rejoice in the Lord, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for He
hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, He hath covered me with the robe of
righteousness." Isa. 61:10.
9. Against what are Christians warned?