"Love as brethren, be pitiful, be courteous." 1 Peter 3:8.
2. How many should we honor?
"Honor all men. Love the brotherhood." 1 Peter 2:17.
3. Whom should we salute?
"If ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the
publicans so?" Matt. 5:47.
4. What respect should be shown the aged?
"Thou shalt rise up before the hoary head, and honor the face of the old
man." Lev. 19:32. See 2 Kings 2:23,24.
5. Whom especially should children honor?
"Honor thy father and thy mother." Ex. 20:12.
6. How should faithful gospel ministers be regarded?
"Let the elders that rule well be counted worthy of double honor." 1
7. What is the basis of true Christian courtesy?
"Charity [love] . . . is kind; . . . charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed
up, doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own." 1 Cor. 13:4,5.
NOTE.-Genuine Christian courtesy is the outgrowth of love, and manifests itself in
thoughtful consideration for others.