"Who went about doing good." Acts 10:38.
2. What will His true followers do?
"He that saith he abideth in Him ought himself also so to walk, even as He
walked." 1 John 2:6.
3. In ministering to the needy, whom are we really serving?
"Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these My brethren, ye
have done it unto Me." Matt. 25:40.
4. How long will there be poor in the world?
"Ye have the poor always with you." Matt. 26:11.
5. What relation do all sustain to God?
"The rich and poor meet together: the Lord is the maker of them
all." Prov. 22:2.
6. What is one good evidence of genuine repentance?
"Break off thy sins by righteousness, and thine iniquities by showing mercy to
the poor." Dan. 4:27.
7. What is one evidence that one has a knowledge of God?
"He judged the cause of the poor and needy; then it was well with him: was
not this to know Me? saith the Lord." Jer. 22:16.
8. What classes are subjects for Christian help work?
"Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless
and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world."
9. Is it our duty always to give what is expected or asked?
"Then Peter said, Silver and gold have I none; but such as 1 have give I thee:
In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk." Acts 3:6. See 2 Cor. 12:8.
10. What is sometimes of greater value even than money to discouraged souls?
"I smiled on them when they had no confidence." Job 29:24, margin R.
11. What divine law of retroaction attends giving?
"Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken
together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure
that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again." Luke 6:38. See Ps.
18:25,26; 109:17; Gal. 6:7.
12. What is promised those who give to the poor?
"He that hath pity upon the poor lendeth unto the Lord; and that which he hath
given will He pay him again." Prov. 19:17. "He that giveth unto the poor shall
not lack." Prov. 28:27.
13. How did Job learn of the needs of the poor?
"The cause of. him that I knew not I searched out." Job 29:16, R. V.
"I used to investigate." Jewish Version.
14. What parable illustrates practical Christian help work?
The parable of the good Samaritan. Luke 10:30-37.
15. When Christ sent out the seventy, what did He tell them to do in the cities
whither they went?
"And heal the sick that are therein, and say unto them, The kingdom of God
is come nigh unto you." Verse 9.
16. Amidst poverty, suffering, and distress, what kind of workers does God wish to
"But this is a people robbed and spoiled; they are all of them snared
in holes, and they are hid in prison-houses: they are for a prey, NONE
DELIVERETH: for a spoil, and none saith, RESTORE. Who among you will give ear to
this?" Isa. 42:22,23.
17. What is our duty toward the outcast and wandering?
"Hide the outcasts; bewray not him that wandereth. Let Mine outcasts dwell
with thee." Isa. 16:3,4.
18. What incentive have Christians for doing prison work?
"I was in prison, and ye came unto Me." Matt. 25:36.
19. Who notes the groans of the prisoner?
"From heaven did the Lord behold the earth; to hear the groaning of the
prisoner." Ps. 102:19,20.
20. What work constitutes the fast most acceptable to God?
"Is not this the fast that I have ordained, to untie the knots of wickedness; to
relax the burden of the yoke; and rescue those who are oppressed by violence: and that ye
withdraw every yoke? Is it not to part thy bread with the famished, and to bring the
vagrant poor into thy house? when thou seest the naked, that thou clothe him? " Isa.
58:6,7, Spurrell's Version.
21. What promises are made to those who thus minister to the wants and distresses of
"If thou draw out thy soul to the hungry, and satisfy the afflicted soul; then
shall thy light rise in obscurity, and thy darkness be as the noonday: and the Lord shall
guide thee continually, and satisfy thy soul in drought, and make fat thy bones: and thou
shalt be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters fail not."