"For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving
us an example, that ye should follow His steps." 1 Peter 2:21.
2. How should the Christian walk?
"He that saith he abideth in Him ought himself also so to walk, even as He
walked." 1 John 2:6. See Col. 2:6.
3. What mind should be in us?
"Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus." Phil. 2:5.
NOTE.-The mind of Christ was characterized by humility (verses 6-8); dependence upon
God (John 5:19,30); a determination to do only the Father's will (John 5:30; 6:38);
thoughtfulness of others (Acts 10:38); and a willingness to sacrifice and suffer, and even
to die, for the good of others (2 Cor. 8:9; Rom. 5:6-8; 1 Peter 2:24).
4. As a child, what example did Christ set in the matter of obeying His parents?
"And He went down with them, and came to Nazareth, and was subject unto
them." Luke 2:51.
5. How are His childhood and youth described?
"And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God
and man." Verse 52.
6. What example did He set concerning baptism?
"Then cometh Jesus from Galilee to Jordan unto John, to be baptized of him. But
John forbade Him, saying, I have need to be baptized of Thee, and comest Thou to me? And
Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer it to be so now: for thus it becometh us to
fulfil all righteousness. Then he suffered Him." Matt. 3:13-15.
7. How did Christ teach the prayerful life?
"He went out into a mountain to pray, and continued all night in prayer to
God." Luke 6:12. "He took Peter and John and James, and went up into a mountain
to pray." Luke 9:28.
8. To what kind of work did Jesus devote His life?
"Who went about doing good." Acts 10:38.
9. For whom and why did Christ leave the riches of heaven?
"For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though He was rich, yet
for your sakes He became poor, that ye through His poverty might be rich." 2 Cor.
10. When reviled and mistreated, what did He do?
"Who when He was reviled, reviled not again; when He suffered, He
threatened not; but committed Himself to Him that judgeth righteously." 1 Peter
11. How did He pray for those who crucified Him?
"Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do." Luke
23:34. See Acts 3:17.
12. What is the inspired testimony concerning Him?