1. WHAT is the relation between faith and hope?
"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of
things not seen." Heb. 11:1.
2. Why were the Scriptures written?
"For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that
we through patience and comfort of the Scriptures might have hope." Rom. 15:4.
3. Why should God's wonderful works be rehearsed to the children?
"We will not hide them from their children, showing to the generation to come
the praises of the Lord, and His strength, and His wonderful works that He hath done. .
. . That they might set their hope in God, and not forget the works of God, but keep
His commandments." Ps. 78:4-7.
4. In what condition are those who are without Christ?
"Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, . . .
that at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel,
and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the
world." Eph. 2:11,12.
5. What does hope become to the Christian?
"Which hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and steadfast,
and which entereth into that within the veil." Heb. 6:19.
6. Who have hope in their death?
"The wicked is driven away in his wickedness: but the righteous hath hope in
his death." Prov. 14:32.
7. In bereavement, from what hopeless sorrow are Christians delivered?
"But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are
asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope." 1 Thess. 4:13.
8. Unto what has the resurrection of Christ begotten us?
"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to His
abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of
Jesus Christ from the dead." 1 Peter 1:3.
9. What is the Christian's hope called?
"Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great
God and our Saviour Jesus Christ." Titus 2:13.
10. At what time did Paul expect to realize this hope?
"Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord,
the righteous Judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all
them also that love His appearing." 2 Tim. 4:8.
11. What will this hope lead one to do?
"And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as He
is pure." 1 John 3:3.
12. What does the prophet Jeremiah say is a good thing for a man to do?
"It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation
of the Lord." Lam. 3:26.
13. What is said of the hope of the hypocrite?
"So are the paths of all that forget God; and the hypocrite's hope shall
perish: whose hope shall be cut off, and whose trust shall be a spider's web."
14. What is the condition of one whose hope is in God?
"Happy is he that hath the God of Jacob for his help, whose hope is in
the Lord his God." Ps. 146:5. "Blessed is the man that trusteth in the
Lord, and whose hope the Lord is." Jer.17:7.
15. In what may the child of God abound?
"Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may
abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost." Rom. 15:13.
16. In what do Christians rejoice?
"By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice
in hope of the glory of God." Rom. 5:2.
17. What will prevent us from being put to shame?
"And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in
our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us." Verse 5.
18. In the time of trouble, who will be the hope of God's people?
"The Lord also shall roar out of Zion, and utter His voice from Jerusalem; and the
heavens and the earth shall shake: but the Lord will be the hope of His people, and
the strength of the children of Israel." Joel 3:16.
19. What inspiring words are spoken to such as hope in God?
"Be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart, all ye that
hope in the Lord." Ps. 31:24.
20. How long should our hope endure?
"And we desire that every one of you do show the same diligence to the full
assurance of hope unto the end." Heb. 6:11.
Previous Chapter l Table
Contents l Next Chapter